Friday, September 15, 2006

The Envelope please.....

I LOVE to read, and the following are a list of books that I have read since childhood...the list is NOT complete, but still a work in progess. If you notice any errors...let me know. If I come across these books I'll gladly read them again. Some of these books God used in great ways...someday I'll tell you about those stories. I knew in my head a lot of these books, but thanks to islandsparrow for the correct names of the authors.

Young Adult/Adult

~Anything by Janette Oke: especially loved the Acadian series jointly written by Janette Oke and T. Davis Bunn
~Anything by Beverly Lewis
~Anything by Grace Livingston Hill ( I read as a teenager)

Children-Young Adult

Little House by Virginia Lee Burton
Mike Mulligan and His Steamshovel by Virginia Lee Burton
Tootle by Gertrude Crampton ( a Golden book)
Henry Huggins? (I think) by Beverly Cleary
The Bobbsey Twins by Laura Lee Hope
Heidi by Joanna Spyri
Little Women by Louisa May Alcott
Little House series by Laura Ingalls Wilder
Thursday’s Child by Noel Streatfield
Houseboat Girl by Lois Lenski
Trixie Belden Series by Julie Campbell/aka Kathryn Kenny
Nancy Drew Mysteries
Happy Hollisters by Jerry West
Grandma’s Attic series by Arleta Richardson
Encyclopedia Brown by Donald Sobel
Gone Away Lake by Elizabeth Enright
The Hundred Dresses by Eleanor Estes
Country Noisy Book by Margaret Wise Brown
The Secret Garden and The Little Princess both by Francess H. Burnett
Rebecca of Sunnybrook Farm by Kate Douglas Wiggin
The Wheel on the School by Meindert DeJong
The Borrower’s by Mary Norton
still trying to find a book I think called Henry and the Birds?

more to come....stay tuned.

4 Comments:

Blogger ampraisingHim said...

this is a test to see if my comments are working.

Friday, September 15, 2006 7:20:00 PM  
Blogger Islandsparrow said...

Great list!

Beverly Cleary is the author for Henry Huggins. I haven't heard of Henry and the Birds.

Friday, September 15, 2006 11:18:00 PM  
Blogger theups said...

Wow, GREAT books!! There are some that I've read, but many that I haven't!! I will definitely have to add these to my list!!

His,
Mrs. U

Tuesday, September 19, 2006 10:40:00 PM  
Blogger ADasa said...

Sounds like we enjoy many of the same books! I have almost all of the Happy Hollister series but our kids didn't like them :( - maybe grandchildren (one day?) might?? Have you read the Annie series by Beverly Lewis? I want to get the third book - I've really enjoyed these. Dawn

Wednesday, September 20, 2006 11:05:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home