Monday, December 18, 2006

Wow, what a revolution!!

Remember this post I wrote almost two weeks ago, click here, about getting my feet dirty for heaven in 2007. Remember how I said I was going to start that day.!! Well, here's my first progress report. I say this to glorify the Lord who has enabled me to get my feet dirty for Him already. I pray that you will be challenged, and join in and/or at least pray for me as I journey this path.

Here are some of the paths that the Lord has taken me in less than two weeks, and gotten my feet dirty for Him:

~~helping a widow find a place to donate no longer needed clothes; also chatting with her on the phone a while
~~ supporting my husband as we begin the painful journey of a church conflict
~~seeing an Amish woman so eager to help someone else when no one else was caring
~~helping a hungry elderly woman in the grocery store's cafe read the menu
~~working again today at the homeless soup kitchen that I went to in September
~~talking with a child at church who is having behaviour problems due to a nasty home situation
~~praying for many needs
~~helping to shop for donations for the local food bank who was collecting outside our local grocery store
~~chatting with some young struggling families after church

I can't think of anything else right now. It has been an incredible journey, and its only just begun. I love these adventures!! Sometimes the paths the Lord leads me down are not the easiest, but I'm trusting Him to bring victory!!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hearing of you "stepping out" and really touching people's lives is a tremendous encouragement to me. I want to do more. Thank you for your example!

Monday, December 18, 2006 2:59:00 PM  
Blogger HeyJules said...

Ampraisinghim, you go girl! I, too, have had God tap my shoulder with a few things that are coming up but I am still having to be hush hush about it at this point. It is amazing, though, how you can simply say, "Come get me God" and He's right there like nobody's business!

I am going to have so much fun watching you progress through the next year with me!

Monday, December 18, 2006 3:40:00 PM  
Blogger Melissa said...

Those church disputes...I will keep praying for that one for you.

Monday, December 18, 2006 4:44:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love those God adventures too. They are certaily more interesting the regular adventures. Praise the Lord for His willingness to use those who are willing to step out on faith. What an awesome God we serve.

Tuesday, December 19, 2006 8:35:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home