Thursday, November 02, 2006

A quote to share

Thanks for all of you who read and 'listen' to my ramblings. I know the previous post may not make much sense to you, but it sure is a burden lifter for me...it has been helpful for me to write out my own thoughts on this stage of my spiritual journey. I hope it might be a blessing to someone.

Tonight, I'd like to share a quote from Corrie ten Boom, from her devotional book entitled: "Each New Day" (Fleming Revell Co., 1977)


"dated September 23

When I worked behind the Iron Curtain it was often dangerous. Life seemed so hard and there were so many sorrows in and around me. Do you know how it feels when dangers are threatening and you are conscious of being weak while the dangers are so strong? I know, and you can know that you are never alone--no, never. Jesus was with me and is with me. Jesus is with you. You are not away from His constant care for one moment.

.....'Fear not, for I have redeemed you; I have called you by name, you are mine. 2 When you pass through the waters I will be with you; and through the rivers, they shall not overwhelm you; when you walk through fire you shall not be burned, and the flame shall not consume you.'
Isaiah 43:1-2 (RSV)


Lord, sorrows and dangers press upon us. You alone keep us secure. Thank you, Lord, that we stand on victory ground with our weak hands in Your strong hand. Hallelujah!"

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, thanks for your comment on my Bible Study blog. I had to come and read the Corrie Ten Boom quote, it's just beautiful and that scripture from Isaiah how wonderful. We must always keep our hands in His mighty hands. Blessings.:o)

Friday, November 03, 2006 2:29:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home