Thursday, October 05, 2006

How a river and a snowflake helped me

It's been quite a week again. First, I think we all are grieving the innocent lives lost in our schools, especially the Amish schoolhouse. May God surround all those involved with His love, mercy, and presence. May those who don't have a relationship with Jesus be led through the witnesses of others to salvation.



....Anyways, over the past few days I've been helped by a picture of a river and a picture of a snowflake. First the river:
The night of receiving the news of my mom's upcoming breast surgery, I posted here on my blog. After I got off of the internet, and moved away from my computer, I noticed that my wallpaper on my computer had changed. Every few hours it changes. This time the screen was filled with a scenic picture of a sunrise, with the following verse at the top of the screen.
This is the day the LORD has made. We will rejoice and be glad in it.
Psalms 118:24 (NLT).

The picture was a beautiful river meandering its way to the horizon. At the horizon was the sun just coming up and scattering its gorgeous rays across the earth. I thought to myself...me, rejoice, no way!! How could I rejoice on a day like today? I was also led to the following verse:

There is a river of joy flowing through the city of our God--the sacred home of the God above all gods.
Psalms 46:4 (TLB)

After a few minutes, I slowly began to think of things I was thankful for. Over the next couple of days, I kept thinking about that picture and learning that despite the hurt contained in a single day, we could still find something to be thankful for. Hard, yes, but God is with us in our times of pain.

The second picture was yesterday. I had been examining my spiritual life very closely in the past couple of days. Yesterday, I really asked the Lord, how could He love me despite my past, and everything. I asked Him, if there was some way He could remind me of His love, and that I mattered to Him. A little later, I was on the computer. After I had been on the internet for a while, I closed off of the internet, and the screen went to the wallpaper. This time the picture was a close-up shots of three snowflakes. The magnification was so great that one could see the snowflakes' intricate patterns. Instantly across my mind came the verse,

I will praise You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made; Marvelous are Your works, And that my soul knows very well.
Psalms 139:14 (NKJV)

God did love me. He made me wonderfully, just like He did those snowflakes!! He loves me. Jesus loves me!! Yes, that thought still is a little foreign to me. I know it in my head, but in my heart its another story. So often growing up, and even as an adult, I don't think I ever grasped who I am in Christ. I still am learning. I know I'm saved. But, I'm still learning about truly who my identity is in Christ.

Know what I mean?

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

RYC: She is in Preschool they come out like twice a year she is only 3 lol and we have home visits
Glad to hear from you and that you are quietly reminded that GOd Loves you No matter what

Shawnna From Xanga

Thursday, October 05, 2006 8:06:00 PM  
Blogger Destination...Gloryland! said...

Isn't it neat how God speaks to us? Yes, we are beautifully and wonderfully made and He numbers the hair on our head. What a mighty God we serve!

Friday, October 06, 2006 4:18:00 PM  
Blogger ADasa said...

Yes, it has taken me quite a while to see myself as Christ sees me! He has forgiven - yet I find it so hard to forgive myself. You're not alone! Been thinking of you! ((( hugs ))) Dawn (praying for you & your mom)

Sunday, October 08, 2006 9:24:00 PM  
Blogger Jada's Gigi said...

know exactly what you mean! Some how He loves..and when I see myself..yuck! but my view of me makes His love seem all the greater....so thankful the lrod is using these times in your life to continue to grow Himself in you.

Tuesday, October 10, 2006 12:40:00 PM  
Blogger Tammy said...

Isn't the Lord wonderful? In going through my own set of troubles recently, God has shown Himself to me in very special ways.

Wednesday, October 11, 2006 9:41:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home