Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Till the storm passes by

Over the past few days, both blogger and my own computer was acting funny, so needless to say my time on the internet was greatly reduced.

Well, I found a hat. I went back to one of the stores I first tried, and they had more of their winter stock out, and found one very similar to the one I described. It's warm, and over my ears, and also called a 'beret' on the tag. I ended up getting two, since I know they didn't have this style last year, and who knows what styles they'll have next year. The hat was under $10.00 so I thought that getting two at that price wasn't a bad idea.

Over the weekend, because of my own computer problems I was on my husband's computer. His screen savers are a mix of both scenic and sports. One particular wallpaper picture that came up on his really touched me. It was a photo taken onboard a sailing ship. (now excuse my laymen's terms :) )It was taken middeck facing frontwards, on the left side of the deck. The deck was deserted. One could see the rigging of the sails, and the equipment on the deck. The ship was being tossed in the midst of a bad sea storm. The waves were really rolling, and very high, especially on the left side. The clouds were very menacing, and the rain was pounding the already wet deck. However, as one looked ahead to the point of the ship in the front, (again excuse my non-seaman's language), just to the left ahead, there was a small break in the clouds. One could tell that the sun was just shining thru behind all those storm clouds. There was quite a radiance of light illuminating the white puffy clouds in the break. It was as if we were looking thru the storm to heaven itself, the way the sun and clouds were. That picture spoke to me about how we could be in the midst of the most powerful storm, and just ahead is victory. God is providing a break in the storm reassuring us of His power and majesty, and most importantly His ability to see us thru and provide the victory. He keeps us in His hand, and gives us a very special protection, 'till the storm passes by'.

copyright 2006 ampraisingHim; all rights reserved

2 Comments:

Blogger jump4joy said...

Thanks for the reminder. I need to stay focused on Christ when the storm is pounding my deck.

Wednesday, November 01, 2006 9:50:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is a beautiful picture you have painted. I can see it. Thank you for sharing and thank you for the reminder that He will see us through any storm.

Tuesday, November 07, 2006 8:31:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home