Tuesday, September 26, 2006

This week's Tuesday's in other words

"It takes a lot of courage to show your dreams to someone else." ~ Erma Bombech ~

After seeing this quote posted last Friday, I did an internet search, using these words as my search criteria. I was amazed at what I found. I found this quote listed on everything from coffee mugs, to tee-shirts, to slogans for real estate agencies. I even found this quote in an online Hindu business chat column on the financial markets!! This quote has evidently made the rounds in secular society.

But how does this quote affect me---it, like all other quotes, and other items in question makes me reach for the Bible, the written source of Truth to find out what God says. Throughout the weekend, I have found verse after verse scattered throughout the Scriptures both in the Old and New Testaments, but mainly in the book of Proverbs stating that our dreams need to be God's dreams for us. It is fine if we have a dream, but we must go to God and in effect give up the dream, a goal, or a vision if its not His. How often do we strive to achieve our dreams without first finding out if they are His? For my friend, if they are His....then lookout world, nothing can stop God!! He'll give you the courage to not only share the dream with others, but the unction, and the open doors to see the dream to fruition!! !

{copyright 2006-ampraisingHim, all rights reserved}

3 Comments:

Blogger CJ said...

This quote amazes and inspires me, as do many others. I think this is one of the reasons the bible is so powerful. The words contained in it our amazing.

Words can affect so much!!

Tuesday, September 26, 2006 12:51:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Too often we make our plans and form our dreams and then ask God to go with us. A little backwards...let God give you the dream and we can be sure He is with us. No matter what happens.

Tuesday, September 26, 2006 7:19:00 PM  
Blogger Amydeanne said...

Praying for God to make my dreams His dreams!
Great post! that's hilarious about the research and finding it on the hindu stuff!

Tuesday, September 26, 2006 10:44:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home