Friday, October 13, 2006

Now what?

I have enjoyed reading all of your responses to the previous post ("Surgeries, the church, and please share") . If you haven't already done so, please read and feel free to comment. There's a great dialog going on.

I think if I could sum up my reaction, and God's leading as I read the responses and looked at other blogs, it would be two words, well actually three, :), the Holy Spirit.

Everywhere I turned in the past few days, have been blogs, newsletters, or devotionals about the Holy Spirit. I think the Lord's trying to tell me something.! What exactly I don't know. I know the role of the Holy Spirit is vital to a Christian's growth, and to the church's health. I believe the Holy Spirit is still very active in the world today.

Some places that I have been blessed this week included the following posts:
http://destinationgloryland.blogspot.com/
(see post: "tested by fire")


http://stf.heavenlytrain.com/
(see posts: "barriers" and "underlined by God")
and the newsletter that she references:

http://www.lutheranrenewal.org/
(click on publications, and then Oct 2006 newsletter)

and
http://windowstomysoul.blogspot.com/
(see post: "Verify your spiritual life")

and

http://lrlwreath.blogspot.com/
(see post: "Let your fire burn")

I encourage you to take a moment to browse thru these helpful posts. And also feel free to comment on the role of the Holy Spirit in today's churches.
But I want to leave you with one more post that I think sums up our feeling of spiritual wasteland here in the United States. Although originally written in and about another country, I felt encouraged, because where there are prayer warriors there is hope. Here in the U.S. are we being faithful too?

http://stf.heavenlytrain.com/
(see post "room with a view").

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've been noticing that too! Now God's trying to tell me something. :) This is contagious, we better listen.

Friday, October 13, 2006 9:03:00 PM  
Blogger Destination...Gloryland! said...

May we have ears to hear what the Lord is speaking through the Holy Spirit...

Blessings to you!

Friday, October 13, 2006 11:10:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What I find interesting is that our pastors and leaders are in the limelight a lot - they are in our thoughts and prayers - and rightly so, but for every 'successful' (in God's perspective) pastor there is a little army of prayer warriors - crying out to God for His vision and His plans to become a reality in our lands.

I'm glad what I've been writing recently has been a blessing to you.

Saturday, October 14, 2006 4:41:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ah, thanks for mentioning my post. God bless you, my friend. {Hugs}}

Tuesday, October 17, 2006 12:45:00 AM  
Blogger Kristi said...

AmpraisingHim, just wanted to say I'm sorry about the "scare tactic." No, it was not a Halloween joke, although, this would be the month for that, wouldn't it? Never really thought about it until you said it. It's just that one of my friends sent it to me the other day and I just had to share it.

Anyway, I'm sorry if you were offended by it. I deleted your comment, only because I didn't want "the cat out of the bag" so to speak. But I did want you to know that I saw your comment and wanted to reply to it.

~Kristi

Thursday, October 19, 2006 10:17:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home