Thursday, September 21, 2006

How God is getting my attention

Edit: This post was originally written for another Testimony "meme", I'm using this also for the Bloggy Tour of Testimonies. Feel free to comment at the bottom. Also once you are finished here and you want to read other testimonies for this tour, please click here:
http://ahumbleheart.org/blog/

What is your testimony? Your testimony is Your personal story of how God got your attention and drew you into a relationship with Him through His Son, Jesus Christ.

I’ve been asked to answer the above question. I’ve pondered it for a couple of days. I’m posting this tonight, due to a planned outage by Blogger, as well as schedule conflicts tomorrow.

I don’t even remember when I first began a relationship with Jesus. I know it was at a summer Christian camp. I know the year, because after having supposedly done so, my mom informed me that I should get baptized. Did I understand it all? No. Did I have doubts, questions? YES. It was that way for a couple more summers at camp. I would be filled with doubts, questions, and therefore ‘rededicate’ my life…thinking that somehow that would make the doubts go away. Then finally one kind staff person about 4 years after my ‘initial decision’, asked about my walk with Jesus. I told her I wasn’t sure, and then she showed me from Scripture the way to know for sure. We prayed. Then I KNEW I was going to heaven!! I knew I was a part of God’s family!! Oh the joy!

Those years as a child and a youth at that summer camp, was my true Christian training ground. I never wanted to go home. I would remember the lessons learned, the quiet times with God, His glorious nature, all thru the year until the next summer camp season.

Struggles came to my family, as I became a teenager. I was the oldest and had to shoulder a lot of the burden. Due to my father’s health problems, and his inability to work, we became poor. We struggled. God got my attention, thru daily, tiny things. It varied, from different things in nature, thru passages of Scripture, etc. I prayed and journaled a lot. God saw me thru.

Even today, God is still getting my attention. See my previous posts to read more about what I’ve been learning in the past few weeks.(Edit: Also see my subsequent posts following this one, for other things the Lord has brought to my attention). All I can say now is that God is worthy of our trust. He is faithful. He is the Lord. He is loving.



12 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ryc: everything is going great we got a dog last nite :) his name is taffy prenammed by the lady that gave it to us I hope you are having a good week

Thursday, September 21, 2006 8:06:00 PM  
Blogger Heather said...

Thank you for sharing. I think you are not alone in the "Saved at youth camp but didn't quite get it" part. A lot of people respond when the altar call comes, I once did at a DeGarmo and Key concert. (I had forgotten all about it.) I still didn't get it.

Isn't it wonderful that He still brings us through and gradually shows us more and more of Himself. His provision is absolutely amazing. Jehoah Jireh, God Provides. Great is His faithfulness.

Friday, September 22, 2006 8:24:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I couldnt leave a post on the cooking post but i thought i would give you my easy stew receipe its easy and all you have to do is throw in the crock pot

1 pkg of stew meat browned in a skillet first
1 can each of corn,green beans,peas,carrots
6 to 8 potatos peeled and cut up
2 cans of beef gravy i use campbells
1 can of v8 juice
put all in the crockpot and cook for 8 to 10 hrs on high
I serve it with pillsbury garlic cheddar bisquits from the frozen section and its so yummy

Friday, September 22, 2006 9:04:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

its the small V8 can its not the big one they are like 70 cents at the grocery store

Friday, September 22, 2006 9:06:00 AM  
Blogger Destination...Gloryland! said...

Praise the Lord for His faithfulness and salvation!

Friday, September 22, 2006 3:45:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I praise God He shows us how faithful and trust worthy He is on a daily basis. And I like how you said God got your attention through daily everyday things. Praise God!!

Sunday, October 01, 2006 9:42:00 AM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

I, too, have great memories of my time at church camp. How true to consider it a 'Christian training ground'! Praise God for showing us his presence in times of need, as well as on an everyday basis. Thank you for sharing your story!

Sunday, October 01, 2006 2:38:00 PM  
Blogger Mountain Mama said...

Christian youth camp is a very positive experience for most kids. I'm so glad you went.
Thanks for sharing

Sunday, October 01, 2006 7:54:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Reading so many of these tesimonies has encouraged for faith for the salvation of so many lost family members. God has so many ways of bringing His Word to us and making it clear! Thanks for sharing.

Sunday, October 01, 2006 9:27:00 PM  
Blogger Heather Smith said...

Thank God that you now KNOW FOR SURE! Thanks so much for sharing this!

Monday, October 02, 2006 11:50:00 AM  
Blogger Jenn said...

Assurance is wonderful. Thanks for sharing your personal testimony with all of us!

Jenn

Tuesday, October 03, 2006 12:29:00 PM  
Blogger justin said...

Hi,

Thanks for sharing your testimony. I was wondering if you'd like to post it on my new site called ShareMyTestimony.org?

I created the site to let Christians share their testimonies, and read other testimonies to see how God is working in the lives of others.

If you'd like to contact me, you can click on the contact link on my site.

Thanks,
Justin

Monday, October 30, 2006 3:29:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home