Saturday, November 18, 2006

Dignity

A verse I came across this morning really helped me today.

For the LORD takes pleasure in His people; He will beautify the afflicted ones with salvation. 5 Let the godly ones exult in glory; Let them sing for joy on their beds.
Psalms 149:4-5 (NASB)

My eyes caught this part of the verse:

For the LORD takes pleasure in His people

The fact that the Lord takes pleasure (aka delights) in His people, and that includes me...was overwhelming this morning. On the heels of having received some of the meanest, downgrading statements of my life this week, I really felt like a piece of dirt. But, when I read this, I knew that God didn't see me that way. He actually delights in me! That was news to my ears. And slowly as the day progressed I knew deep down this was true.

His people...you, me, are not dirt in His eyes. Though we may receive insults, feel like dirt, and feel so useless and hopeless....The Lord Takes pleasure: Delights in His people....let's shout it from the rooftops today.

4 Comments:

Blogger ADasa said...

Amen. Even w/ all of our sinfulness - He loves us. Wow.

Saturday, November 18, 2006 4:54:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Amen... Amen... Amen. How often we need to hear this over and over.

Saturday, November 18, 2006 7:07:00 PM  
Blogger Tammy said...

What a wonderful thought to dwell on! Whenever I am feeling hurt, etc. I always go to Psalm 139. When I was a teenager, my Bible would open to that Psalm!

Saturday, November 18, 2006 9:07:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi thank you for this post my mom made me feel like the lowest of scum today and it made me cry that she feels that way about me even though she is living rent free at my place Its to the point that i feel like i may need to go on meds for awhile Thank you again Shawnna from xanga

Wednesday, November 22, 2006 1:04:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home