Friday, November 03, 2006

I'm trying this recipe today

It's quiet in my house today, so I'm in the kitchen...:)
Yesterday I made my Beef Macaroni dish (see my Sept. 21 post:
http://ampraisinghim.blogspot.com/2006/09/kitchen-adventures.html) for that recipe. When I originally made it, I tried making some cornbread. I followed the recipe on the cornmeal can, but unfortunately it came out too dry for my husband's liking. It was okay for my son and I. However I'm trying this cornbread recipe today:
http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Homesteader-Cornbread/Detail.aspx
As noted in the comments: I'm using a 9 X 13 greased pan. I also let the cornmeal and milk soak for 5 minutes. Also, I stirred the mixture for 5 minutes, as per, the author's suggestion listed in the comment section. So.....I'll be back after it comes out of the oven to let you know how it went. :)

2 Comments:

Blogger Jada's Gigi said...

Just catching up on your last few posts...loved the one about the note showing up in the middle of the floor....hmmmm... I wonder where it came from?? :)God is so good to us isn't He?
Your conrbread sound yummy!

Friday, November 03, 2006 12:20:00 PM  
Blogger Basketcollector said...

How did your meal turn out? You made me quite hungry! God is soooo faithful isn't He He cares more than we'll ever know about the little things that seem so huge to us!

Friday, November 03, 2006 7:58:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home