Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Odds and Ends

Well, my kitchen experience didn't turn out that great. The food did, but it wasn't met with great responses. My son decided that although there wasn't anything wrong with the beef macaroni dish, he'd rather pass on it. He really doesn't like anything with ground beef, except for hamburgers! LOL. He's a hard one to cook for. Lots of casseroles, and other things gets the thumbs down sign from him! SIGH!!! {oh by the way...Anyone else raising a boy who is ALL BOY!! ???}

BUT he loved the cornbread. He said that it was best heated up. I agree warm cornbread (for me, heated up and with margarine is the best!)..he takes his plain. When my husband got home from a retreat and spied the cornbread, he took it from the container and quickly tasted it and gave the thumbs down signal. My son quickly jumped up and said, "I'll take care of it for you, dad, and promptly put it on his own plate and ate it! However, later my husband took a bite of mine from my plate, and said that mine tasted better....I said, of course his would have been better had it been heated and buttered! LOL again!!! So maybe I'll try another cornbread option that was mentioned before.



Another quote from Corrie ten Boom:


"FAITH is a
Fantastic
Adventure
In
Trusting
Him

Commit your way to the Lord;
trust in him, and he will act. Psalms 37: 5 (RSV)

Lord we may do wondrous things through trusting in You. Our lives become one continuous adventure, and we know that the safest place in the world is the center of Your will. "

from Each New Day, Corrie ten Boom, p. 164, Revell: 1977

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh.my - yes, our son is really hard to cook for, so he doesn't eat at home much anymore. He doesn't like any ground-beef, even no hamburgers - go figure...

I love the quote by Corrie ten Boom. Thank you for sharing it.

Tuesday, November 07, 2006 8:35:00 PM  
Blogger ADasa said...

My son will eat anything - well, almost. I don't know what I'd do w/ picky eaters! Glad he liked the corn bread - my mouth watered when I read about it. Can't eat gluten...enjoy some for me! D

Tuesday, November 07, 2006 8:46:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I LOVE that faith acrostic!! Needed that. Just stopping by with driveby hugs!

Wednesday, November 08, 2006 3:40:00 PM  
Blogger Constance said...

I have a recipe where you make a casserole with chili as the base and it's top with cornbread batter. It's really yummy! I have a 16 year old, "All-Boy" myself. He could live on Jack-in-the-Box tacos and buffalo wings if I let him!
Connie

Thursday, November 09, 2006 9:43:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home