Sunday, November 19, 2006

Hairs on the head

My son and I were in a Christian bookstore yesterday. A young man was minding the store for his grandmother who was away at a conference. He noticed my son's hair and asked him if he just got his hair cut. Now I know that sometimes haircuts are obvious,especially in the summer where the summer tan/burn line is evident. Haircuts are also obvious to people who come in daily contact with you. However its not summer here, and we had never seen this young man before. I told the young man, "yes indeed he had a haircut the day before". I asked him how he knew. He said that he was a hair stylist/barber. He had noticed how his hair was cut around his ears.

Later this incident made me think of the following Scripture verses:


29 "Are not two sparrows sold for a copper coin? And not one of them falls to the ground apart from your Father's will. 30 "But the very hairs of your head are all numbered. 31 "Do not fear therefore; you are of more value than many sparrows.
Matt 10:29-31 (NKJV)



It comforted me to realize that Jesus cares so much for us. All of our hairs on our head are numbered!! We are of great value to Him. If that young man noticed my son's haircut~ how much more does our Father in Heaven notice not only our haircuts, but all the other details of our lives. The thought that He knows everything about us and really cares for us brings great comfort to me.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very insightful!!

Monday, November 20, 2006 10:54:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am always amazed by this verse that our hairs are not only counted but numbered! When I see hair on my hairbrush I wonder what numbers have fallen out!

Tuesday, November 21, 2006 8:57:00 AM  
Blogger ADasa said...

What a nice daily life parable! D

Wednesday, November 22, 2006 5:29:00 PM  
Blogger Melissa said...

I love that you saw what was in that moment...something beyond the obvious...perhaps a nudge from God.

Thursday, November 23, 2006 8:05:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home